How Much Can the Range Rover Velar Tow?
With the 2020 Range Rover Velar maximum towing capacity of 5,512 pounds you can haul trailers, campers, boats and more on your South Tampa and St. Petersburg adventures. Explore Range Rover Velar towing specs and towing-friendly features at Land Rover Tampa today, then find a highly capable new Range Rover Velar for sale in Tampa to take home!
Range Rover Velar Towing Capacities
Check out our guide below to see which trim level and engine suits your Range Rover Velar towing needs best:
- Trim Levels — Range Rover Velar S, Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic S
- Tow up to 5,291 pounds using a 2.0L turbocharged 4-cylinder engine with 247 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque.
- Tow up to 5,512 pounds using a 3.0L supercharged V6 engine with 340 hp and 332 lb-ft of torque.
- Trim Level — Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic HSE
- Tow up to 5,512 pounds using a 3.0L supercharged V6 engine with 380 hp and 332 lb-ft of torque.
- Trim Level — Range Rover Velar SVAutobiography Dynamic
- Tow up to 5,291 pounds using a 5.0L supercharged V8 engine with 550 hp and 502 lb-ft of torque.
Range Rover Velar Towing-Friendly Feature
Standard Range Rover Velar features such as Hill Descent Control, Hill Launch Assist, and Low-Traction Launch will help not only with offroading but also when you’re towing heavy loads. But the capability doesn’t stop there–check out more Range Rover Velar towing features below:
- 360° Surround Camera — Four cameras provide an overhead view of the vehicle and display multiple camera views simultaneously for easier trailer hitching.
- Trailer Stability Assist — If sensors detect trailer sway, Torque Vectoring by Braking can be employed to regain control.
- Available Advanced Tow Assist — Automatically steers the vehicle into the preset trailer hitch position established using InControl® Touch Pro™ Duo screen.
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution — Automatically varies the braking force to each axle to reduce stopping distance.
- Intelligent Driveline Dynamics — Monitors can detect loss of traction, and Electronic Traction Control will redistribute torque to correct if necessary.
- Terrain Response® — Different drive modes can be selected to adapt to different surfaces, while available Terrain Response® 2 automatically uses the best mode.
Genuine Range Rover Velar Towing Accessories
You’ll want genuine Land Rover accessories to prep your vehicle and to reach the maximum Range Rover Velar towing capacity. Some available accessories and packages include:
- Tow hitch receiver – $665
- Deployable Side Step Package with Tow Package – $2,999
- Tow Package – $1,610 – Tow hitch receiver, Advanced Tow Assist, 360° Surround Camera
Explore the Range Rover Velar in Tampa
If you want to learn more about this luxury SUV’s options and features, explore Range Rover Velar colors at Land Rover Tampa. When you’re ready to see the Range Rover Velar in action contact Land Rover Tampa to schedule a test drive near Westchase!